Monday, July 30, 2018

Somewhat crabby


Somewhat Crabby.
Not me that is.
On certain days when I am cleaning my studio in preparation for the bigger mess, 
I run across old pieces of art that are looking tired.
I have found the solution for tired, older pieces however.
This guy was a sepia painting that just baffled me as to why it did not sell. This particular series of sepias was a couple of years ago and was more brown than they are currently.
  
The advantage is, they can be painted in color! We tell anyone that comes to a show that any sepia can be painted in color if they wish. I have had a couple of folks take me up on this, with great results! Last summer comes to mind when I had a series of three dolphins. The wife loved them, but the husband wanted color added. He was very specific, he wanted the dolphins in and out of the water, and pale color in the water. Done I said! I'll see you in a week. 

The dolphins turned out beautifully and I have a pair of happy collectors.
The plus side,  they have purchased more since then.
They are delightful to be around and are proud of their other pieces from 
several artists in their lovely home. 
Art does just that, it makes you happy and pleased to surround yourself with lovely memories.
The memory of talking with the artist, the country you were visiting, 
the special day you want to remember. 
I am always honored when people want to let go of their 
hard earned money to buy some of my work.

I hope I continue to be honored by my collectors, Old and New!
Because I love what I do every day!

Somewhat Crabby, 12 x 12 Acrylic on canvas
Day 29 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment: