Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Kid's play



Today's offering is a simple painting, created at the Mobile Museum of Art in Mobile, Alabama. 
I really enjoy teaching children and this summer has been a challenge. I've already taught pop art, watercolor, impressionism, and several recycling classes. This week finds me teaching Steampunk, Acrylic, watercolor and an Atelier (Artists studio) class too. The Atelier has the same three as the first hour, and the steampunk is spilling over. The kids voted to work over yesterday, and today we did steampunk hat construction in the first and Dirigible making in Atelier. The kids seem excited about their Airships and the imagination is flying hard and fast at the Museum. I finish up next week teaching my last recycled class at the Eastern Shore Art Center here in Fairhope. 

This painting was done during the acrylic class. We started out with a freehand drawing and the children following along. They then were allowed to pick out their octopus color and I guided them through the process. It has been a long day, of driving, teaching, and praying for others that have crossed my path. I think I will sleep soundly tonight for a change after preparing for the next day with the kiddos!

Kid's Play, Acrylic on Tar paper, 18 x 24
Day 9 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment: