Thursday, July 26, 2018

Pier Queen


I am already seeing adjustments to this one. 
Oh well, on to the post for now.

The heat is on here is South Alabama. 
Our vet even has a sign that says, "Satan called, he wants his heat back!"
In the midst of this 100 degree plus heat index, I needed to set up a tent and get a new booth shot!
I did not look forward to this adventure, but if I want to get into this one set of shows they have requested a new booth photo. I've been accepted into one of their shows with another shot, but they requested a new one for the other show. 
The morning started warm and clear in the storage area. We have a lovely large "barn" that holds my husbands shop, and various assorted other items. It also holds my show equipment which includes chairs, three tents, sides, sales area, weights, carts, rain curtains and such! 

There was only one rather large thing between me and my equipment.
That, and my husband Chris questioning my sanity!
Our daughter moved recently from a rather large house to an apartment.
Consequently, we have several storage boxes from her studio in 
front of the shelves containing my tents.
We also have many boxes of baby clothes for me to go through for our youngest daughter that is having a baby soon and her sister wanted to give to her.
It took about an hour, but we managed to move the studio supplies to another shelf. I then got out my tent and sides in preparation for the set up. The husband then asked why and I told him I have to have another booth shot for a show I am applying for in Florida.
I also told him I needed to get the wires on the new pieces to hang for the shot. 
He said, you get the wires, I'll get the tent.
I reluctantly left, knowing he would be out in the heat and humidity.
He came inside and cooled off while I finished the wires on the pieces.
Once outside, I discovered that not only had he set up the tent, he put on the sides, and added the decorative pieces to hide the poles. 
I LOVE THIS MAN! 

30 minutes later, I have a new booth shot ready to edit.
Although the sides are wrinkled quite a bit from being in storage!
We then had to pack up everything and put it all away. 
Trudging the paintings back up the stairs into the studio because some of them still need to be varnished and cleaned up as well. 
This man of mine then insisted we go get lunch.

I edited the shot, sent it to the show, and painted this afternoon.
Pier Queen is a pelican we have locally that was injured a few years back and calls the Fairhope pier home and food. The local fishermen and women throw her fish quite frequently. She is usually so sated that she cannot fly very far. She is also known to jump down from the rail and seriously beg for  her meals. She can also be very intimidating, raising her wings and hopping toward the unlucky chap that has caught a fish. She has been known to snatch them out of their hands as well.
Such is the life of a pelican here in Fairhope.
Don't even get me started on the Great Blue Heron!

Pier  Queen, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 12 x 24
Day 25 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment