Monday, July 9, 2018

Octopod




Octopod~any animal with eight limbs. esp. an octopus

Does that mean that a spider is an octopod? 
Arachnids not so much, as they are an arthropods, not sea creatures. 
Musings of an artist sitting at the easel. 
Lots of strange things go through your mind while you are doing something else altogether. 
I've solved many problems with my hands in dishwater while washing dishes. I've also managed to  solve problems or have ideas while driving. I sometimes even solve things in my dreams. 
The human mind is a beautiful thing, made to grow even into our later years if we let it. 
I've witnessed a lot of people that are elderly, keeping their minds active by taking classes to improve themselves or at least get out of the house.  Growing older, I'm convinced if you stay at home, in a vegetative state, watching television and not remaining active, you'll cut your life short by not exercising your mind and body. One of my favorite art kids grandmothers was beginning rock climbing in her early 80's.

Grandma Moses was a late bloomer as well. She began her art career at the ripe old age of 78! 
One of her paintings sold for over a million dollars recently.
I guess it goes to say, you can never start too late!

Do you have a passion you haven't fulfilled yet?
It's never too late! 
I did not start my "art career" until 1993, making this my 25th year of creating!
I hope I never, ever stop!

"Octopod", 4x12 inches, 
Day 8 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018
Retail $45 

No comments:

Post a Comment