Thursday, July 5, 2018

A means of escape


This was a loooonnnnggg day of painting!
 I actually spent 17 hours on one way back in the beginning(2009)!
I am glad I've finished him though.

 This guy was actually sketched out before we left for our Florida trip back in late April. This is one of those things inspired by life in general. I received a package in the mail and there was this wonderful accordion cardboard. When I stretched it out, it looked like a net to me! So I kept a couple of pieces for use in the studio. This is the second time I have painted a crab escapee and the net is the worst part, seeming to take forever!

 This is also one of the frames built by Chris and stretched by me. It is one of the ones that he "experimented" with, making it beastly heavy! He tried a new way of cutting the lumber so they are thicker and so much beefier. I've begged him not to build them like that ever again. When we pack for shows, this size goes into a large bag that has straps encompassing it for stability. I usually carry at least 6 of this size, so the bag is cumbersome at best with these thicker ones inside!
I am a bag hog, I am quick to admit as I can never pass up a new large duffel.
Chris is also on the lookout as well, and we recently picked up one that will fit the 16x16s nicely. 
This larger bag i previously mentioned is actually for strollers and I would love to find another one! 
One step bag laying around anyone?

Chris is helping out someone that looked at our Gypsy camper wagon recently. The couple was not sure if it would fit in their yard, but they loved it. They asked instead if he could help rehab a shed in their backyard for sleep over guests. It will be a beautiful addition to their stunning cottage in Fairhope. They are also discussing a piece of art for their coastal cottage. The project is taking longer than he thought it would, I think! Almost like work! In the meantime, my new frames sit in the shop, awaiting assembly. He tried putting them together the other day, but the nails kept curving every which way, making him upset. So he tabled the project for now. No worries, I have 8 12x24s waiting to fall beneath my brush. 

"A means of escape" Acrylic on shadowbox canvas. 24x24 
Day 4 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018
Retail $325

No comments:

Post a Comment