Sunday, July 29, 2018

Mahi Mahi or Dolphin?


Today's post is a Mahi Mahi.
When I came home to Alabama, I found a restaurant the served Dolphin.
I was shocked to say the least! Never mind I was sixteen, I was already very aware of the environment and the problems people were beginning to cause. 
I became sick to my stomach and did not want to eat there because they served Flipper on the menu!
Fortunately, my mother was bolder than I was, and asked what is dolphin? 
Oh that's Mahi Mahi the server replied.
WHY not call it that instead of dolphin? I did find out that Mahi Mahi was delicious that day!

This particular painting is a very small part of a project I have been involved with for two years now. It is actually a test painting I did for the project, but I did not like the color. So, I decided to paint it in color instead. I still cannot announce the project or do a press release until it is finally completed. Their website is now saying not until February of next year. 
Oh well, patience, patience......

Mahi Mahi or Dolphin? Acrylic on canvas 10 x 20
Day 28 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

1 comment: