Sunday, March 10, 2019

Shells, Shows, and Showers


Shells, Shows, and Showers
We had all three this weekend!
The first of many shows for the spring season was held in Orange Beach yesterday and today.
I was fortunate to be one of the artists that had a successful adventure at the park. The weather held off, and the many expected storms did not come. Several artists were not so fortunate. My neighbor in particular was from Dallas, TX. A sweet gentle man, his large paintings garnered him a second prize in the 2D category. His sales however, were not so great. He only sold prints from his works, and one small piece. He probably will not be back to the show as he did not even make a quarter of his goal. I've been there, last year at this same show, I made a grand total of $195.00.
This was not even enough to cover expenses for the show in 2018.

This year, I was indeed blessed, receiving 2 patron awards and
 a kids choice award that really made me smile!
The pieces from India are going really well to several homes in the area. 
I was very pleased to have a previous collector purchase my largest piece before the show even opened! The sepias sold as well, with several shadowboxes finding new homes.
I sold 14 pieces this weekend!
However,
this wonderful weekend presents a problem for me.
I have a major show next week!
No less than Arts & Crafts in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama.
Needless to say, I will be a painting fiend over the next few days.
I will probably be barely taking time to eat and 
perhaps not sleep because of all the possibilities in my head. I will also have to pull most, if not all of my works from a local gallery in order to have the inventory necessary for a show.
Shows are extremely hard work, but oh the rewards if we have what people are looking for in the art that decorates their homes.
Shows like this make us so happy as artists, with many people loving to see the works and the uniqueness of the pieces I am blessed to be able to create. 
Some of them even bless us further, by taking them home!

That being said, I am further blessed by the man that God blessed me with. He supports and sometimes tolerates the shows I do, willingly lending a helping hand just because he loves to see me happy. He is happiest when I am selling, and he grieves for me when I don't!
I am elated that God sent this man to be mine all mine!


With the time change, Chris got up too early!
 A nap was in order, and this bench was the perfect resting place. 
Oh how I love him!
Tell someone you love them today, we are not guaranteed tomorrow!

Shells, Shows and Showers, Acrylic on canvas, 6x6
Day 94 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment:

  1. Chris. Well deserved nap. You are a great husband. Loran is very fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete