Saturday, March 9, 2019

The conchs have it!

 The conchs have it!
At least around here for the time being. The top one is a horsehead conch, the other is a regular conch, often used for conch fritters. (BTW, I don't care for them at all!)
My first Show at Orange Beach  started today. Chris helped me set up yesterday on his birthday and then we went to Art Walk in Fairhope in the evening. We brought BBQ Deer meat sandwiches and they were a hit! I also brought mini cupcakes that were eaten by several adults and children. Happy birthday Chris!

Today found me alone at the show, because our son came over to help with the wiring on the UHaul camper. We are coming close to the deadline for using it and I for one am grateful that one more thing can be checked off the list. Well, at least part one. The AC is all wired up, but the DC is still to be done. Next weekend Jere' will come back and finish the job. We have new LED brake lights and running lights. The new lights inside will all be LEDs as well because they pull so little   power and can be used with the Battery so we can boondock for shows.   Coming closer to reality. Now, if we could just sell the Gypsy Gal to help finance this adventure! I still have yet to begin the interior design of the UHaul, I know a lot of it will be baskets inside the bins, upholstery in the dining area, curtains for the windows, the list gets longer by the minute! So fun, designing the new interior with a sea theme. 
I also have some surprises in store for the interior as well! 

The show went very well today! Last year, I did not even make expenses. This year was totally different, with me making expenses (and then some!) before the show even opened at 10 am. I had some frustration with my square though, a new phone may become a must before too long. I am also pleased to report I got a patron award as well! So fun, and the gentleman choose a painting I dearly loved, but has not sold in several showings. He very happily went home with the Manta rays shadowbox tucked under his arm. The new elongated paintings are very well received, although I only sold one of them today. Several people said they had to go home and measure before they could decide on pieces. Tomorrow is another day, a day to spend with Chris, a day to paint, a day to sell, a day to be thankful to God for the blessings he bestows upon me. I am indeed humbled and honored that people want to buy my pieces for their homes and offices. I am so grateful too, that I get to play in the paint and then sell what I create!

Needless to say, the next few days before Arts & Crafts will be a flurry of activity in the Raccoon Retreat Studio here in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

The conchs have it! Acrylic on canvas, each 6x6 inches
Days 92 & 93 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment