Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Mardi Gras Madness!




 I know I've said it before, but this past week has been interesting to say the least! It has been a week of stretching the imagination, the endurance, and my creativity to it's almost absolute limits!

To begin with, I needed to finish my poster entry for the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama in October. This one was a bit of a struggle, as I could not concentrate on it enough to gel the ideas I had in my head and put them to paper and paint! More on that later..... Anyway, I spent the better part of 20 hours on this one folks, between the drawing designing, tweaking, and finally painting. I turned in my entry on Friday, driving it down to the Coastal Alabama Office a short time before the deadline!
WHEW!
I then packed away references in my large file bag, that has previous entries in it. It is kinda depressing to see so much work that will never see the light of day at a festival, but I am able now to see the mistakes made and improvements that could be done. I also gave the committee my suggestions for the logos for the shirts, as well as the suggested t shirt colors.
Here's hoping for a trifecta!

That was just PART of the week!

Keep reading.....
There was a lot of sewing too!
I tore apart a Victor Costa Dress to be able to make a skirt for my daughter to wear to the Queens Luncheon.
There was also a grinch involved for our grandson after the sweatsuit ordered was several sizes too small. I made the "sweater" from 3 t shirts and glittered it up to make it fun. He was a cute Grinch at school for sure!


The week continued....























I also dabbled in 2nd line Mardi Gras umbrellas for the parents of the Queen this year for their daughters coronation. I love it when people say have fun! Hers was Monet inspired, with gorgeous flowers and sparkle fabrics. His had a large Oyster shell that was hand built and 3 30 inch shrimp! The umbrella was then hand painted with lots of metallics!

 WAIT!
There's more!
Remember this was over a week!

I was also able to make and replace my iguana in the gypsy wagon. I was loath to let my other one go with the wagon as I made it about 20 years ago. He is now happily residing in my studio again, while this one will go with the wagon if she sells soon. It is cut with a scroll saw and detailed with a dremel tool. I then painted the details on it and put it on the door in the Gypsy Gal.















I then moved onto painting shrimp for the Shrimp 
Festival on Amelia Island in May. 
They may not make it to the festival though! 
These are little clip boards for grocery lists or maybe a photo.



Yes, There's more.....








I painted this last night with my Scripts& Strokes
Group at church. Based on Proverbs 24:3-4
We all have treasures in our rooms and homes!
Whimsical house was fun to create and paint. 
I also used it today to make a watercolor 
for  the Seniors at Shepherds place. 
Lots of fun at both!












And then there's today.....
Measuring 55 inches wide and 30 inches tall, these beauties will be at a show soon!
Painted on multiple canvases, I LOVE them!

There you have it, a SOLID week of Mardi Gras madness and mayhem!
I would not take anything for the time spent with Jessica creating! (I spent two LONG nights there, working hard!) The ability to make my grandsons dreams come true with his grinch for school. Painting with classes and in the studio.
It's been a long wonderful week!

Mardi Gras Madness! Multiple pieces and too many mixed medias to mention!
Days 82, 83,84, 85, 86,87,88, & 89! of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment: