"An octopus for today"
This small painting was a lot of fun to paint.
This is another of the 4 x 12 canvases that I purchased several weeks ago from FB marketplace.
I love having small little works that allow new collectors to enter the market.
And I enjoy painting them!
Today was a run around day.
I chatted with the children's pastor this morning, both about this VBS and next year's VBS.
We barely have finished one and my brain is working overtime on the next year.
We talked about what went right and what needed some tweaking to make it better.
It's going to be a Marvel-ous VBS.
We both agreed it was a Super VBS!
We then returned the other package of the messy sphagnum moss back to the store.
Glad to shed of that messy bunch of green!
We stopped for lunch, and then hopped over to Goodwill.
We did a little shopping, then headed home.
Studio time for me and a nap for Chris and the dogs.
Chris realized we needed reservations at Fort Clinch for May of next year.
Fort Clinch already full of course as it opened two weeks ago.
We managed to find the state park we stayed at last year was available.
Reservations made and paid 9 months in advance.
Chris and I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things, heading home before a major storm hit.
Chris was assigned dinner preparation, and I headed to the studio again.
I'm working hard when he tells me dinner is ready.
Dinner.
Back to the studio to finish my slippery friend.
A busy, hectic day as usual.
Life here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama.
"An octopus for today", Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 12 inches
Day 51 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment