Friday, August 14, 2026

Kraken destruction


"Kraken destruction"
This one was a wonderfully neat one to do!
I may add some coral in the background later.
So many shadowboxes to paint!
I asked Chris for a 12 x 36 with a 6 x 18 opening centered.
He made EXACTLY what I asked for!
Problem is that I needed a 12 x 36 with a 6 x 30 inch opening.
He made the one I needed the next day.
It will go with my other sharks and will have a great white painted on it.
The other one will most likely have a blue crab created on it to take full advantage of the large ends with the claws and the crab body in the middle.
I also requested a dozen 6 x 24 stretchers for my elongated canvas pieces that are popular.
They are nice little pieces for in between windows or doors.
They can also go above doors and windows.

Chris heard something different.

I came outside to tell him I was going to the Dollar store for our lunch supplies.
He was very proud of the 5 12 x 24s he had just built.
I said great and fixed lunch.
While we were riding the dogs later, we were talking.
He realized that I wanted the long skinny ones not the 12 x 24s
He started laughing so hard.
I guess he heard 6 x 24 and thought I said 12 x 24 shadowbox.
At least I don't need any more for the time being.
Although I have sent him a text for the 16 x 24s he made earlier this year.
These have an 8 x 16 opening offset.
I wasn't sure about them, but we sold both of them in the spring.
They haven't been shown here in Fairhope.

We'll see what comes out of his shop tomorrow!
Always an adventure, life with Chris and art!

"Kraken destruction" Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24
Day 46 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment