Laevistrombus Canarium
Also called a Strombus Canarium
The Canarium I think is because it has a yellow tinge.
Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
This tiny guy is only about an inch in length, although they do get larger.
This is another non-poisonous shell from the collection out of the Philippines.
I just love them all.
So many happy memories,
Especially when it came to the day we actually lifted the shells from the ant bed
and got to see them in the light of day.
I think it looks a lot like our conch shells here in the Gulf of Mexico.
I don't know if you've had the opportunity to eat conch, but I find it quite chewy.
I didn't care for it at all when the villagers offered it to me.
I ate it, because that was polite, but I didn't like the texture.
Reminded me of clam chowder.
Another day of clearing and cleaning in the She Shed with my daughter.
I pray this helps her on her efforts to clear the clutter from her life and allows her to create in an atmosphere of calmness.
Tomorrow I'm home.
Today is one step closer to the end of the 100 days for 2026.
I pray you're still with me, let me know somehow.
I know people are curious as the numbers keep going up.
Thank you for that, I am blessed by your being here to read the blog.
We all want to have left something more than footprints on a sandy water washed shore,
that the waves wash away.
Stay blessed and know that I am praying for and with you!
Strombus Canarium, Acrylic on canvas 6 x 24
Day 63 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

No comments:
Post a Comment