Saturday, August 29, 2026

Omaria cone


Today's painting is another cone shell.
I am again surprised at the number of cones that my parents collected.
This one is called Conus O Maria, or Omaria Cone.
The patterns on these shells are quite complex. 
They challenge me to create paintings that are visually interesting.
I pray that you are not getting tired of the collection that my parents accumulated over a short span.
The cones are different, yet you may see some similarities with the "Cloth of gold" one.
They are very similar in color as well as shape because they are cones.

Yesterday I tried to complete a survey for Sunshine Magazine while I was cooking dinner.
I got to the end and was adding photos.
I pressed a button and it was totally gone in an instant.
30 minutes of carefully prepared, grammatically correct, properly spelled answers just gone.
I was determined to complete the task as I have answered their surveys before and got my photos and answers published. 
While the meal was finishing, I went back upstairs to complete the task.
I gave myself a time limit of 20 minutes with a timer.
I told Chris when the alarm went off, I had a few more questions to answer and photos to post.
I'm much better with a brush than a computer!
I completed the survey, added photos, and went back downstairs to finish the meal preparation.
Never a dull moment around here!

Another day in the Raccoon Retreat studio located in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama.

Omaria Cone, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 24
Day 61 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026



 

No comments:

Post a Comment