Monday, August 24, 2026

Still crabby


"Still crabby"

This one was intense.
Intense because of the detail involved in creating the piece.
This is the canvas I had asked Chris to build for me.
I told him I needed a 12 x 36 with a 6 x 18-inch opening.
I needed the canvas for a shark, specifically a Great White.
Problem is to match the other canvas's; the opening needed to be 6 x 30 inch.
When I saw the canvas stretcher bars, I said okay....
A short while later, I realized my mistake.
I apologized and told Chris yes, you made exactly what I asked for.
It was still usable and beautiful though, and I knew exactly what I wanted to paint on it.
He also built the one I actually needed.
The Great White is coming soon too.

I also heard from Paul and his friend Jeff in Oxford England.
Jeff recorded and incredible message to me that really touched my heart.
Paul commissioned the piece on August 6th called Epic Goals.
Jeff actually completed the swim of the English Channel.
I've been invited to join in on a zoom call Wednesday, where Jeff will explain the process of the swim.
I am looking forward to the experience.
Epic goals indeed. 
I know both men's story will make it into the book I'm writing that includes my journals.
The book will feature stories from my life experiences as well as my journals.
Jeff already said he wants to read it!
The message that Jeff gave me made me weep with the pure love of God.

"Still crabby" Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 36
Day 56 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment