Saturday, August 15, 2026

Whale songs


"Whale songs"
Humpback whales will always be a favorite of mine.
They are wonderfully fun to paint and always sell.
I've put them on shadowboxes, sewing drawers, small and large canvas.
They've also been a part of poured backgrounds, in color and in sepia.
They also are a favorite of judges, earning me a merit award and judges' choice.
I love to listen to their songs when on marine life programs I watch.
All in all, a beautiful creature.

Chris built the stretchers I asked for today.
I ordered 16 x 24 canvas with an 8 x 12 shadowbox opening.
He built six offset and then he gave me one unusual, angled shadowbox opening.
More on this one later!
Chris is always keeping me on my toes for sure.


"Whale songs" Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 12 inches
Day 47 of the 100 days ~100 paintings 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment