Sunday, August 23, 2026

Dead Men Tell No Tales VI


"Dead Men Tell No Tales VI"
SIX!
Number six.
I am in awe of the talent God has given me that allows me to create incredible works of art.
At least I think they're incredible.
The first one last year sold almost immediately along with a mermaid painting as well.
I was in shock because I never dreamed that something I created could actually be in demand.
I will definitely have to have more than one on hand, 
which means there will be a number seven on my easel soon.
These are an incredibly intense piece with lots of hours to create it.
Approximately 20 hours to be more precise.
20 hours and 20 years of experience behind a brush.
The couple from Tallahassee came yesterday and picked up their Dead Men 
for their daughter who is now a Marine Biologist.
She worked on a pirate ship while she was attending college.
The painting is apparently a gift for graduation.
We also delivered another one Friday to a gentleman that wanted one for his wife's birthday.
It was a completely new design with a new blunderbuss and sword.
They already own three of my pieces and their fourth makes them officially collectors now.
This latest one is a reverse of the fifth one. 

The very first one was actually a rerun.
Last year was the first year that we started making the rounds in earnest. 
I took an original octopus piece, painted the edges white, and reimagined it.
I designed the front panel with a Dead Men theme.
This piece also had angled wood pieces that made the transition from the front piece to the octopus.


Obviously, the Dead Men series has already grown by leaps and bounds.
At least to me they've come a long way.
I really enjoy designing and painting them.
I pray you enjoy them too!


I also painted 5 of the last shadowboxes white today.
I have rearranged the studio to accommodate the canvases that are stacked up 
awaiting my pencil and brush.
Lots of work ahead in the Raccoon Retreat Studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

"Dead Men Tell No Tales VI" Acrylic on Wood Round, 23 inches round
Day 55 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026





 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment