"Behind the scenes"
This is the background for the latest Dead Men Tell No Tales.
This one is the 6th in the series.
I never dreamt that a series about pirates would become so popular.
I've already painted the front piece for this painting.
The front piece took a couple of days itself.
Chris is lending a hand helping by doing some of the cut work.
In the middle of the cutting, the scroll saw just quit.
No power going to the saw itself.
We've tried several different things in an effort to fix the problem.
We bought it used from a cousin's father-in-law for $75.
It has been a great tool for several years.
Chris and I went and looked at a new scroll saw at a local hardware store.
It was $275, not bad but Chris has found another one.
Marketplace is a familiar place in our house and our son especially.
We looked at several scroll saws online and have been in contact
with a man about the one he has for sale.
Tomorrow morning Chris and our son Jere are going to look at and possibly purchase this newish one.
It looks brand new in the photos.
The videos I've seen look like it's a nice addition to our workshop.
Another tool to create!
I have to stay here, because the fifth Dead Men will be picked up in the morning.
Everyone that has picked up their pieces have been thrilled with their art.
The Little Rebel was picked up today and she was very happy.
I look forward to seeing photos of Little Rebel in place at the tailgating party.
Never a dull moment around here!
Tomorrow, a new saw probably.
I am going to stay with our grandson in Saraland about an hour from here.
We'll go to church together hopefully.
Then home, and back to work!
Behind the scenes, Acrylic on wood, 23 inches round
Day 53 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment