Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Dead men tell no tales V


I love it when someone gives me free rein to do a commission.
Pretty much all he told me was like this one and sent me a photo of Dead men tell no tales IV.
This is it below.


This is the one painted last month, that calls home with a marine biologist.
Her parents wanted it for the newly graduated daughter who actually worked on a pirate ship doing tours while she was in school!
Any way I was contacted by this gentleman, and he said we have several of your works, but he wanted to commission a pirate piece for his wife.
When he showed her the one I posted last month, she fell in love and said fingers crossed she still has it at the Shrimp Festival.
That's when he decided to commission the piece.
Apparently, it is a wonderful birthday surprise.
I pray she loves it, both for the work and the sentiment behind it.
Dead men tell no tales V is all new.
New blunderbuss, and a really cool sword with shell details.
Both are actual pieces of armory and are beautiful in their details.
The pieces of eight are new as well, with actual "pieces of eight".
They would cut them apart in halves, quarters, and eighths.
There is also a Venus comb peeking out from under the banner.
This one took a solid two days just to design it.
Then it took several days to paint it, and now it's revealed today!
Fortunately for me, I can simply reverse the design and use it again for the next one!
I can also create it in different sizes.
Whew it was intense!

I am also working on a really neat commission for a local gentleman that is for his business partner. 
It involves swimming, the English Channel, and both a map of England and France.
He is presenting it to him after he swims the channel from Dover to Calais.
Another really cool presentation and gift from a thoughtful person.
I love being able to bring dreams to reality.
Thank you, Lord, for the talent you give me!

Dead men tell no tales V, Acrylic on wood, 
day 36 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2026



 

No comments:

Post a Comment