Thursday, September 26, 2013

Taking his chances


          I became hooked on Lobster while living in the Philippines. When my parents went diving, it was a treat to see them come up with one of these guys in their clutches. I regarded it like steak back then. I still love the flavor of a properly cooked lobster, dipped in lemon butter and served with a baked potato and salad! The ones they would catch were big enough that I could make a meal out of the claws. One of my fondest memories of my mother was when she would et Lobster or crab, using her fingernails to pull the meat from the shell!
         Called ,"Taking his chances" this lobster has come out from under the ledge and is taking his life in his claws. They hide under the shelf, waiting for an unsuspecting creature to come by unawares, and becoming his dinner! But while out from under the shelf, he becomes exposed, and may himself become the catch of the day!
         The Florida Keys are where to go for lobster near here. While we were down there, we saw numerous traps ready for the season that was to come. We saw a couple of them while we were skin diving at John Pennencamp. It is the largest reef in the United States, located in one of the first islands in the chain called the keys.
"Taking his Chances" Loster 20 x 20 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment