Tuesday, August 22, 2017

3 days of shells


I must apologize dear readers. In the hectic, frantic, pace I have been in of late I have neglected to post. Friday found us at a Broadway show to see Aladdin. It was in the historic Amsterdam Theater and gave us lots of wonderful memories! My oldest, Jessica and I were slower in our walking and had great difficulty finding her sister and husband after the show at a bakery for coffee and dessert. One thing we did not realize is the GPS on our phones is woefully stupid because of the tall buildings. After our maps took us back and forth for more than 30 minutes, we gave up and just went back to the hotel. 
Saturday night found us at my youngest daughter Christina's show opening at Agora Gallery. It is a lovely space and several of the international artists were there. I am so proud of her to be a part of this beautiful show. We finished our evening at Carmines, a very nice Family style Italian restaurant. We had so much food left over that we fed a homeless man that was sitting on the sidewalk. (We were all leaving the next morning.) Sunday morning found us on a harrowing cab ride to the Airport. We checked ours bags at the door, happy to be free of their wheels going every which way but the way we wanted. After an uneventful end to our NYC adventures,  we arrived in Atlanta somewhat later than I expected. I wanted to drive home that evening, but let the adult in me to guide my steps. I left early Monday morning, arriving back in Fairhope in the afternoon. I then rushed headlong into the festivity planning for this coming weekend. There are a few things left to tie together before our celebration for Christina and Bappa on Saturday.

This painting is the state shell for Alabama, Juno something I think!
Acrylic 6x6 on canvas
Day 49 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2017

Lightning Whelk State shell for Texas
Acrylic 6 x6 canvas
Day 50 of the 100 days~100 paintings


Oyster, state shell for Mississippi
Acrylic 6x6 canvas
Day 51 of the 100 days~100 paintings


1 comment: