Thursday, August 17, 2017

Murex back

Today brought us a long day of walking and talking together while here in NYC. We went to the top of the One World tower giving us sweeping and beautiful views of the entire city. I was not as affected by the height as I thought I would be. We finished our tour quietly, by walking to the 911 memorial. It is a quiet place, with people being mostly respectful for the most part. I myself said a silent prayer for one of my friends that lost a son in the attacks. We shopped, ate pizza in a fabulous row of restaurants that reminded me of Germany. We then found coffee before embarking on the Staten Island ferry at night.  I can only hope the photos do justice to the sights that my eyes and brain stored in my memories.
Today's painting is a starfish, reminding us to hold fast, travel slowly, and eat well.
Murex back , acrylic on canvas,
Day 46 of the 100 days-100 paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment