Friday, September 4, 2020

Heron I & II


Today is a combination of two days.
Yesterday I received news of my Aunt passing away from complications of pneumonia after getting Covid from the nursing home she was calling home.
She had been admitted to the hospital after she went into problems at the home.
I have wanted to visit her several times over the past few months, but because of the virus they had shut the home down for visitors. I'm not quite sure how she contracted it in a closed environment. 
I did get to wish her happy birthday in July by phone and had a lovely conversation.
I will miss her a lot.
I just did not feel like creating after the news of her getting 
the virus and then getting her wings. 
I know she ran to her master and fell into His arms.

Anyway, wear your mask, wash your hands, maintain your distance and stay safe.

These birds are painted on very thin pieces of wood.
They were cut after the project Chris had done refinishing a sewing machine table for a friend.
The drawers were not being used, as the structure holding them was falling apart.
We then cut the drawers into slices of about 1 inch making a shadowbox frame of sorts.
We added the thin wood, making them perfect for painting.
I'm sure I'll enjoy painting them as there are several drawers that were cut into slices.
I still have to mount them to the backs, varnish, and add something to hang from.

Heron I & Heron II, Acrylic on wood panel, 5 x 16 inches
Days 67 & 68 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment