Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Tidal watchers I & II


I am indeed fortunate in the gifts God has provided to me.
I use some of them everyday, while others are quietly waiting until they are necessary.
I don't even try to identify them, I just ask and they seem to show up just when needed.
Whenever I have a problem to solve, something to create I've never done before, 
how to talk with someone, I ask.
 The solutions are laid out in front of me or come out of my mouth in unexpected ways.
How do I ask?
I pray for God to show me.
I pray for God to enter me.
I pray for my hands to become his hands.
Make me go so far back into my body that people don't even see me anymore.
I find the Holy Spirit takes over my conversations with Alfred, my artist friend from Zimbabwe.
I am able to give him such insight and just the thing he needs at that moment in time.
I tell him it is not me, but He that is in me.
 
My most common gift is my art.
It is one I use daily.
Sometimes I even get to use it in ways I never imagined, 
building large sets for minimal money for children's ministry.
He gave me the gift of sewing so many years ago, that I almost don't even think about it.
Even when making a minor repair to a beloved stuffed animal for a child,
Then telling her I thank God for the gift of Sewing.
He gives me solutions and knowledge I have never dreamed of having or using.
I am grateful minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.


Both of these little guys were painted on poured canvases 
that have hung around my studio since the spring.
I have not yet decided if I will pour more backgrounds.
For the time being though, I am returning to the shadowboxes I know and love so well.
I have a large supply of shadowboxes thanks to another of my gifts, 
a husband given to me that is my absolute soulmate. 
He is also the best helper I could have ever imagined.
Gratitude, I guess is what I am trying to say.
I have so many things to be grateful for in my life.
Have you been grateful for the gifts God has given to you today?
I know I will fall asleep thanking Him for everything.

Tidal watchers I & II, Acrylic on canvas, each 4 x 6 inches
Days 71 & 72 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2020



 

1 comment:

  1. That was a beautiful post, Loran...and so welcome on a dreary, wet, chilly and heartbreaking day for me.

    ReplyDelete