Thursday, September 21, 2023

Octopus and herons

I am at the end of a long day.
I started in the studio at 9 am, erasing and varnishing over 20 works.
You see, the art is starting to attack me as I walk through the studio.
 It slides to the floor or just falls over and hits my shins.
I did have lunch with Chris and our son Jere', then later took the rotten dogs for their daily car ride.
I then ate dinner and went back to the studio in the evening.
After answering email, and soon to be sketching off a rather large multi canvas piece. 
I will call it a day about 9:30 pm
I love it, my back and neck however do not.
Ahhh blessed relief when I hit the shower and the bed tonight!


These guys are for sewing machine drawers.
I have an absolute stack of them in the studio, awaiting my brush and creative spark.
They are always a popular piece of art, affordable, and can be hung on a wall, or placed on a shelf.
I love painting them!


The octopus is another in the series of color on the shadowboxes.
They are a challenge to create, with the corners and edges making me turn the canvas every direction.
I'm really enjoying the challenge of painting them.


Octopus and herons, Acrylics on canvas and wood, Herons 5x15 inches, Octopus 12 x 24 inches
Days 51,52, & 53 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment