Thursday, September 28, 2023

Seahorse


What a day today was!
I am amazed at the calm and peace I am given these days when confronted by a situation.
I started my day as usual, with coffee and Bible study to get me on the right track.
If I don't start this way, I seem to be out of sorts all day.
Anyway, I got up from Bible study, reading and journaling, then sending messages out.
I stripped and made the bed.
Started the sheets to washing and because I had a chiropractic appointment, I did not head to the studio.
I then started picking and choosing clothing for the upcoming trip to the National Shrimp Festival.
Four days four outfits.
Except I couldn't pick which four, so I had Chris help later in the day.

I also talked to Chris about the hat situation I have.
I wear a hat to shows instead of sunglasses because I want people to be able to see my eyes.
I collect pins from areas we go while doing shows.
Problem is, it's a lot of pins and they are poking me in the head and making my hat feel really small.
I asked if he could remove the spike on the back, then drill holes in the pins so 
I could sew them on the hat band instead.
He got them all altered, and I had a pile on the counter awaiting my needle and thread.

I then headed to my appointment and came back home.
Into the studio I went, finishing a good bit of a painting I was working on.
I packed several paintings, marking the bags for the National Shrimp Festival.
It was then time for lunch.
Except lunch was not here at the house.
We took Sister to the Catfish restaurant because it is her birthday today.
When we returned, I had Chris choose outfits for the show, and I packed the bag to go into the camper.
So many small things to think about when getting ready for shows.
I also repaired several earrings with bigger hooks, so I don't have to fight them anymore.
I heard talking going on outside, so I went over to chat with another 
sister-in-law that came for her sister's birthday. 
I grabbed the pin project and chatted while sewing on the band for the hat.
That done, it was time to feed the dogs and take them for their daily ride.
Ride done; I begged off cooking tonight, opting for leftovers or sandwiches.
Finally made it back to the studio to paint for a couple of hours.

Back to the calmness in a situation.....
I tried to send photos to my email, but I am getting an error message.
So, I sent the photo to the blog, via my phone, then edited on the computer.
Years ago, when I started the blog, I would've totally lost my mind to get an error message like that.
Instead, I have signed out of my account, and will be turning off the computer in an effort to figure out the situation tomorrow.

Long, interesting, hectic, day.
Actually, a typical day around here.....
Never a dull moment at the Raccoon Retreat Studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

Seahorse, Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 16inches
Day 61 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment