Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Rescued and Released"


100 Days~100 Paintings!
I still cannot believe I actually undertook this challenge and completed it! The painting a day has been interesting at best, frustrating at it's worst. All in all, I am quite pleased with the series that has taken me from July to the present.

I know that I will keep painting because the response to the painting a day challenge has been terrific! I have had at least three other artists talk to me about why should they do this type of project. People are buying the paintings as well! to date I have sold no less than 10 of them with 2~4 more pending!

My goals were all met, I am friendlier with my computer, my digital camera, downloading and importing, being able to price reasonably, blogging, and most of all Painting! I am making faster decisions and doing more with less paint and time. The downloading process has gotten faster as well, When I began, it took me over an hour to photograph, download, edit, import, and blog. The whole process is now down to about 20 minutes!

I really wish to thanks my beloved husband of 30 plus years for supporting this project and offering additional challenges along the way! Many was the night he went to bed with me either finishing a painting or in the process of blogging. I also want to thank those of you that are not registered followers for commenting along the way. To my registered followers, many thanks as well! Your comments and encouragement have kept me going to the finish line frenzy! To those who started the inspiration with their own blogs a deep and respectful Thanks!

The next few days find us at the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I will be painting at the festival of that I am certain. Someone asked me recently if I ever slow down. There are so many paintings in my head I doubt I will ever be able to paint them all!

"Rescued and Released" 16 x 20 Acrylic on Canvas $125.00

Next up, I don't quite know at this moment. I only know that I have enjoyed the journey and I will continue with a painting a day....................

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! Really loved the shark, as well as the turtle! Hope the shrimp festival is wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete