Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Denizen of the Deep"

This marks number 99 of the 100 days paintings. I have received many requests for a shark so here is "Denizen of the Deep". I always enjoy blues and greens in my paintings, I feel really relaxed when painting deep water. I still can remember as a child going over the edge of a reef and being fascinated by all the creatures in and amongst the coral. It seems to me that I also remember my mother being very nervous, much like Nemo's father when he went close to the edge. The sharks always received a deep respect from my mother, especially the black tips and their unpredictability. For this reason, she would never night dive with my father and she always chain smoked while waiting for him to return with the other divers.
I miss the deep water and it's beautiful rich blue. I never dove down into it, I only saw it from the surface because that is where I stayed not knowing how to dive.
"Denizen of the Deep" 16 x 20 Acrylic $125.00

No comments:

Post a Comment