Sunday, October 2, 2011

Beauty in Flight

This small painting is a study for a larger one at a later date. I love the challenge of photographing osprey as they are fast birds.
I took the shot of this one while off the coast of Florida in May. Our "photo safari" was a great success with lots of wonderful material for many paintings to come!
This painting is part of my sepia series and is small in size, but not in impact. Anyone who has seen these magnificent birds in flight and in hunting mode have had a real treat. They can be quite vociferous when they feel threatened. They also will sweep away with a brush of their beautiful wings as they take flight. I will never become tired of watching and photgraphing this wonderful Raptors.
This painting marks day 90 of the 100 days~100 paintings and also celebrates my 51st birthday. I will spend the rest of the day moving the Gallery at Fairhope Connections in Fairhope, Alabama. It is one of a wonderful pair of galleries~the other is Fairhope Connections at Orange Beach, Alabama that shows and sells my work! The Fairhope store sold three of the sepias just yesterday! I am very grateful to have a talent that allows me to make a living doing what I love. I am also thankful to have the support of Chris Chavez a loving husband that lets me have my own wings to fly! I LOVE YOU CHRIS! I am very blessed to have family and friends that support me in my endeavours too! I love you all very much as well!
Beauty in Flight 4 x 12 Acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment