Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dock Invader

"Dock Invader" completes the 100 days~100 paintings series! This watercolor is part of a demonstration for a student that is fishing up her class in watercolors. I have really enjoyed teaching her and I hope she has enjoyed the classes. In answer to several requests, I will begin teaching in November. Details to follow shortly!
I am still toying with the idea of daily painting and blogging still. It may not be a painting a day, but it will be lots of paintings because the sepias are selling rapidly. I also sold Rosetta's Jubilee I and II this week. It is still kinda sad when a painting leaves the studio, but there will always be more! Rosetta's Jubilee will live on as well as they are now in print. I have no less than 5 new prints to offer at the Festival and am looking forward to the results.
We are set up for the National Shrimp Festival as of this afternoon. The tent goes up easy as you please now. (Especially when you set it up that morning while checking poles and roof supports.) I am using the aluminum poles with the top and sides purchased a few years back. We use these poles because of the significant weight difference between the two. (One is Steel the other Aluminum) Our neighbors seem to be nice and there is an excitement in the air down at the gulf. The booth placement was extremely tight and we stayed to help our neighbor with a new tent that was very similar to ours. We also stayed in case there was a problem with the booth placement. The area where we are has several booths in a row and exactly 10 feet in which to place our little corner of the planet. My booth number is 119 in the fine art division. Maybe I'll see you there!
Dock Invader 9 x 12 watercolor on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment