Thursday, October 6, 2011

Winged Flight I

Followers of the blog now know that I have a special passion for the silent ones, the animals that can't speak for themselves. I am constantly painting, photographing, or researching about the animals I know and love.
When I was younger, I wanted to become a veterinarian to the point of doing research on the college of choice, Auburn. Little did I know that in 1976 when we moved home to Alabama I would be so close to my dream of attending college and taking care of my beloved creatures. But, life takes a few twists and turns and I abandoned the notion of becoming a Veterinarian and instead switched gears to nursing. That notion left my head when I figured out college was not for me! I had met the love of my life and married him 6 months later and have never looked back! God has a plan for me and us and we are still happily following that plan!
This painting is part of the series of Ibis I photographed in Florida on the island of Coya Costa. I hope to go back there, to walk the beaches, paint and photograph the animals that call the island home. I highly recommend it, it is indeed a beautiful place. This painting marks number 93 and is for yesterdays entry.
"Winged flight I" Acrylic on canvas 6 x 12

No comments:

Post a Comment