Monday, July 16, 2012

Beached at Goa

        

                                  This painting is more of my typical type, featuring beaches. Beached at Goa reminds me somewhat of the Phillipines, because I remember the boats pulled up on the beach. My parents would dive both during day and night. The night dives were my father exclusively because my mother wanted to see the sharks coming at them while in the water. The sharks were not overly aggressive, just curious. The only problem with curiosity and a shark is that there are large teeth involved! Hence, Mom let dad dive with the rest of the crew at night. Night dives were the best for lobster hunting as I recall and sometimes really big fish would come in as a result of my fathers expert shooting with a spear gun.
                            
                              I spent many happy days on the beaches in the Phillipines. When we first started going to Subic Bay, I was very concerned that the local children did not wear clothing. Their freedom was contageous and eventually after several trips, I too shed the layers of exterior covering. (However, out of some sense of modesty I kept my underwear on! I was only 7 years old at the time!)

                              More about my adventures on the beaches at a later date.

"Beached at Goa" 24 x 36 Acrylic on canvas $295.00

No comments:

Post a Comment