Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Turtle with Tude"


     "Turtle with Tude" was a lot of fun to paint. I still to this day love painting turtles and they never cease to amaze me with the speed that I am able to complete them. I really do think that I could paint turtles in my sleep! Sometimes I do wake up from my nightly rest and find I have been dreaming of painting them! This guy however is from a  photo I took in Tampa, Florida last year and painted during my waking hours. This turtle swam beautifully despite having been attacked by what seemed to be a shark. (There was quite a large chunk missing from the left side) this animal was still amazingly beautiful when it cme bck to see me standing at the glass. I will never tire of painting them! 

"Turtle with Tude" 15 x 20 Acrylic on heavy duty canvas and custom stretchers
Day 24 of the 100 Days~100 Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment