Wednesday, August 1, 2012

     "Big Blue" What can I say, my neighbor brought over a bunch of crabs (live ones) and I said thanks so much! I then had the quandry of what to do with them! I had a meeting later that afternoon in Mobile so time was of great importance. I frantically set up the camera and choose a few to take pictures of before throwing them into the boiling water and icing them down. Obviously, this girl was not happy with her situation in life. I had one ticked off crab on my hands trying to run away and me chasing her with the camera. She would go into the sun, out of the sun, turn her back on me, clam up and alternately throw her claws toward me in a frantic effort to stay in this world.
     She lives on now, forever captured on canvas!
"Big Blue" 8 x 24 Acrylic on canvas day 25 of the 100 paintings


     Recently, I had people inquiring as to why I don't do color. It is not that I don't DO color it is that the Sepias are by far my best sellers. Another question was where are the Fish in the middle of all the pelicans, crabs, turtles, and shells? Rest assured though, the color  and the fish are forthcoming! I love the new series of color on white canvas. Hmmmm is there something new here?

Yellowfin Tuna 12 x 24 Acrylic on canvas day 26~100 days



     I could not stand it! I had to do the Tuna in Sepia!
Tuna Study 4 x 12 Acrylic on canvas day 27~100 days

   
     While I was at it, I did a sepia Redfish too!
Redfish Study 4 x 12 Acrylic on canvas day 28~100 days


     Redfish came about with all the lovely pictures in the paper of grinning folks holding large Red Fish. I also recently did a remark on a Shrimpboat print for a gentleman that wanted them in the water under the boat. I loved the compostition of the fish in the water so look for that painting soon!

     These paintings are all available at Farihope Connections, 7 Section Street, Fairhope, Alabama First Friday Artwlk this coming Friday August 3rd from 5:30 till 8:30~Ann Calagaz is the featured artist, but I still have my own space in the back room!

      In the meantime, I am working hard for Vacation Bible school at Celebration Church painting sets for the Rainforest. Those will soon become one a day paintings as well!

"Redfish" 12 x 24 Acrylic on canvas





No comments:

Post a Comment