Saturday, August 18, 2012

What about my Attitude?


    This painting  was a challenge because of all the detil in the mouth area of the crab. I will always enjoy painting blue crabs and this one was fun. So much color and beauty in a small package. Attitude is a hallmark as well as they don't like to be caught and cooked! I love the taste of fresh crabs, I just do not like the work involved. Look for more turtles in the future as both Galleries seem to be selling these beautiful creatures. I have a new collector as well from Boston, Massachusetts that is a fellow artist. I really love it when another artist buys my work! It makes the rejections from shows easier to take when you know another craftsman thinks enough of your work to purchase it!

               Fall shows are coming into line now, Jubilee in Daphne September 29th & 30th. Downtown Daphne during the day. Last years show was fun until I smashed my thumb at the pack up! I received an award of Distinction last year there as well. I have also received confirmation of the Grand Festival, Downtown Fairhope, Alabama. October 5th and 6th Friday and Saturday. This years show is on Artwalk Night as well, so we should have lots of fun under the evening sky. Artwalk in Fairhope is always well attended and is a family friendly event. The following week is the National Shrimp Festival October 11th,12th,13th & 14th. Always a huge show with lots of people in attendance. Again a family friendly atmosphere, but a very large venue so bring your walking shoes and water bottles. We are planning to be open until 7pm on Saturday night and maybe Friday as well.

What about my Attitude? 15 x 30 Acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment