Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Chase is On!


     This one was really fun to paint! Lots of movement and action featuring Marlin and baitfish, this painting measures 2ft x 4ft. I still the love the aspect of one a day paintings becasue it has made me a better painter. I can also keep my pricing reasonable for collectors.

     This Friday I am part of a show at Eastern Shore Art Center for instructors teaching in the fall. The two paintings I chose to show are both one a day paintings. "Jamaican Dreams" and "Schiells Obsessioni" are both 16 x 40 and both are done in acrylic. Melinda tells me there are at least two people signed up for the one a day class. I am excited to present this fun way to improve your hand at painting! I am also scheduled to do a demonstration at the Art Center on Oak avenue on August 14th in the early afternoon. I am looking forward to showing people that it is possible to complete a beautiful piece of art in one afternoon.

     That being said, I am currently in the middle of one of the biggest art projects so far for Celebration Church. I am in charge of set design for the Vacation Bible School starting next week! The  timeline is tight with thousands of leaves placed on massive trees in a rainforest. There are backdrops of jungle to paint, signage, props to make or borrow, a talking mayan mask, a plane, and a bird large enough to swallow people! It has challenged my design skills, my engineering skills and my painting skills on levels not seen since set designs for theatre. Mrs Lois Jean Delaney would be proud! (She was my teacher in high school for speech and theatre) She was also instrumental in encouraging me until I became a member of the international Thespian Society and receiving a best supporting actress award at a state competition. I really miss her and her quiet ways, It has also brought to mind Mrs Daniels, (California) as well as Tom Gray and Fred Baldwin from Joe Jefferson Playhouse, and Tom Perez from South of the Saltline Theatre.  Oh the memories of Theatre!

The chase is on! 2ft x 4ft Acrylic on canvas~Currently showing at my facebook page and at Fairhope Connections (7 Section Street, Fairhope, Al) during artwalk this friday August 3rd from 6-9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment