Thursday, August 9, 2012

Denizen of the deep


            A special request from a collector in Orange Beach. Fairhope Connections called me and asked if I could recreate an octopus I had done but in a smaller piece. The original is 12 x 12 but the client wanted an 8 x 8. So, I got out the brushes and pulled out a rabbit because they wanted it the next day! When Joe Stoppa called, he said the customer also may want a Nautilus with the creature exposed. For some unknown reason, the word Cephalopods popped into my head! I told him they must really attracted to them (cephalopods) because both of them are from that group. Mr Douglas at Murphy high school would be so proud that I remembered that from Advanced Biology my senior year! What year?  I am almost scared to say, 1978!
Denizen from the deep~acrylic on canvas 8 x 8 Day 37 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment