Monday, August 18, 2014

Sweet Magnolia


I am going to have a busy rest of the summer and fall! Not only am I getting ready for shows along the coast, we are also planning on a wedding in New Delhi, India. Our youngest daughter is getting married to a wonderful young man who calls India home. Our daughter Christina calls it home too as she moved there to teach last summer. The proposal came later and now the plans for the wedding are rapidly coming together. The vast majority of the work involving the ceremonies are being handled extremely well by her mother-in-law to be. The ceremonies are going to be beautiful and we are looking forward to the adventures! 

Now, as to this painting, Sweet Magnolia is one of about 25 paintings that will be gifts for the family at the wedding. I really enjoy painting flowers and actually started out as a still life painter. The still life's were interesting and fun to paint as well as enjoyable to set up! However the sales were slow at best in the beginning of my art  "career". I got juried into my first National Shrimp Festival  in 2007 and started painting marine life and beach scenes. The rest, shall we say, is history. I think I am going to enjoy the flowers that will come from my brushes in the studio during the next few weeks, and hopefully they will become treasures in India as well!

Sweet Magnolia 6 x 6 Acrylic on canvas~headed for India later this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment