Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sweet Magnolia III and IV


The paintings are continuing fast and furiously despite life getting in the way! I sent a  picture of the first Magnolia to my future Son in law so he could give me his opinion as well as show it to his "Ma". He said it was amazing and she loved it! So I guess the gifts will be well received when given at the upcoming wedding. I have 24 paintings of flowers to do for the baskets we are giving to family members coming from all over India. This one is Sweet Magnolia  III. I started with Magnolias because they are in bloom now and Sumita (Bappa's mother) spoke wistfully of the magnolias in her village while growing up. 

Loving it when a plan comes together!
"Sweet Magnolia" acrylic on canvas 6 x 6 Day 52 of the 100 Days ~ 100 Paintings


This is painted from a photo I  sent to India to make sure the magnolias were the same as here in our sunny south. After I received confirmation, I painted this one as well for the works to take to India for the wedding.
"Sweet Magnolia IV" acrylic on canvas 6 x 6 Day 53 of the 100 Days~100 Paintings

On a side note, things have been happening at Celebration church as well. I sometimes help with the set designs for the series and this week found me sewing, painting and hanging about 15 feet up! I love it when we have a scaffold though, it makes life a lot easier After some minor changes to the design, we got everything done in two days.  It really looks awesome and I cannot wait to see the final lighting done!










No comments:

Post a Comment