Sunday, August 3, 2014

Yesterdays and Todays



       Painted Friday evening at artwalk in Fairhope, Alabama. I enjoy painting in public and always have delightful conversations. Some people are trying to learn the technique, others are just fascinated with me painting while carrying on a conversation. Still others remark, I could never do that! I tell them, you never know until you try! I love painting turtles and Kristi from the Turtle hospital in Marathon Florida was fun to paint. Turtles are naturally curious creatures and they know when their human saviors have come to check on them. That is probably why she was swimming toward the camera in anticipation. The Turtle hospital is located in the Florida Keys and is a must stop for me while down there. They give tours and wonderful information about the groundbreaking techniques they have in their surgical ward. Celebrating their 25th anniversary last year, this is a fun educational experience for the whole family. They also have website where you can adopt a turtle if you wish!

"Grateful to be rescued", 10 x 20 Acrylic on canvas, day 34 of the 100 Days~100 Paintings (yesterdays post as we are still suffering from internet issues.)


          My mother once asked me if I ever tired of painting crabs. I miss her queries about such things, (she died last year in March rather suddenly) The last time she asked, I replied, never, they are so interesting to paint! They have so many parts and pieces, I wonder at the creators reasoning behind them. 

       My husband also told me once, just pick them up by the rear, they can't get you there! What he neglected to mention was by rear, he meant the rear swimmers, not the back of the shell. I promptly got clawed, it promptly was thrown a few feet down the dock! Neither of us was worse for wear, me continuing to crab, him scrambling back into the water. We caught him again later, and I got the last laugh, between me and the crab boil seasoning.
Crabby VI, 12 x 12 acrylic on canvas, today's offering for the 35th day of the 100 Days~100 Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment