Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Classroom content!


I've been praying for a while for the lessons to teach while in Africa.
I designed these to fit 2 to a sheet, so that I can get the maximum bang for my lessons.
The paper I had was some I bought months ago at a great sale price.
Each project sheet is 4 1/4 x 11 inches and I have a total of 800 cut so far.
These took all afternoon, so no painting for me today.
Lack of supplies, possible lack of water makes life interesting to say the least!
Now I have a plan in place, at least in my head~things may change once I arrive.
The children will either use dry media or wet media, depending on the availability of water. 
Some villages have to walk miles for water and I don't want to use water needed for drinking and cooking.
I know that flexibility is key as well, especially if Africa is like India!
I also have plans for the older children to make their own drawing books from long sheets of paper folded and cardstock for covers. We will "bind" them with cording I will provide. The children will then decorate with wet or dry media.
At least that's the plan for now.
One day closer to Africa and meeting these beautiful people! 
I apparently already have two fellow artist fans there too! 

Day 2 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019
Multiple sheets for projects


No comments:

Post a Comment