Saturday, July 6, 2019

Feeling a little crabby II


When I get stressed, 
I paint, 
I want to eat (chocolate), 
I shop (but don't buy), 
I even pray (all of the time!)
You might ask, what stresses me? The primary is family.
More specifically, my dad. 
Without going into it more, I will leave it at that.
Just know, I am praying about it, praying for him, 
and praying for myself to be able to engage with him.

Today's painting about sums it all up!
Feeling a little crabby II.
While I am still creating, most of my focus is on the upcoming mission to Africa. I leave in about 2 weeks and in true military kid fashion, I am trying to get all of the cutting and packing done as soon as possible. I have a list of what is packed in both bags, so as not to double up on supplies. I am in need of some type of binding to use with the older kids, as I am getting them to make books for them to draw in after I leave. Someone offered yarn to me today, I may use some of that in pre-cut lengths. I am rapidly filling both of my checked luggage bags, as there is so much I want to bring. I am a giver, and the bags include gifts for others, hoping not to step on any toes along the way! The third bag is becoming a reality soon, I fear.
The third checked bag will be $150 for my domestic flight, who knows what it will cost on the foreign ones!
I am grateful for donations still coming into my hands and I want to pass on as much as humanly possible!

Now, as I write this, I am not feeling so crabby any more.
Prayer helps, and so does writing!

Feeling a little crabby II, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12
Day 5 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment