Friday, July 5, 2019

Feeling a little crabby I


Today found me working hard with our oldest daughter in her studio. She is getting new cabinetry and her entire studio was in the living room. Lots of items needing to find their homes and proper places. I get it, sometimes you just have to have a work day, clearing out and cleaning up. Her studio is different from mine, hers has a lot more fabric, hat bases, beads and other things associated with millinery. I love to see her create, and also hear about the customers gushing about their personal creations. I'm also a fan of a clear studio, not clean by any standards but clean enough to be able to create. Sometimes I have to stop creating and just clear the clutter, from the table, the easel, the floor, and my mind.

Prayer helps me there!
I find doing mindless tasks of putting things away while quietly thinking 
really clears my mind and my studio. Some days I take out piles of references I have accumulated and sort them all out. Others are extreme brush wash days. Any of them help the artist mind settle some and find a groove that allows me to then create.

Mindless cleaning.
We all do it sometimes!

Feeling a little crabby I, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12
Day 4 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment