Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Africa is calling.....


Oh what a way to begin!
This year's 100 days~100 paintings finds me being obedient and available.
Those that follow the blog know that I am a Christian by faith.
I love the church we go to now and have lots of like-minded friends. Our pastors are our friends as well! We enjoy going to church and look forward to Sundays,events, and 1st Wednesdays. We have been going there now for at least 7 years and cannot imagine another church that we would call home.
To that end, I have the calling of a mission in my ear for several years now. Lately, it has become stronger and through the grace of God and generous people I will get to go this year.
In fact, I leave in three weeks and will touch my feet into yet another foreign country. 
The plan is to go and teach children art, (the amount of them to teach grows daily!)
I will also be bringing a business to the women of Chidobe, Zimbabwe. This business will enable them to become confident, successful (I hope) women of God. There are also plans for a bible study, (still praying about that!) and a mural on the side of one of the schools. 
Needless to say, I look forward to the adventure!
I pray that I am up to the challenges ahead, along with the rewards.
I have already learned a great deal of patience, trying not to strip my gears when God's answer is wait.
I have also learned about receiving, as the majority of my trip is being financed by donations. 
So many people have given so much, time talent, and finances. 
I truly am humbled and in awe of our awesome God that truly provides!

Why an elephant?
Not a sea creature!
My friends that are already in Africa went with a group from Atmore to the Chobe park and photographed this beautiful creature. My dreams are coming true, and God is showing me more and more how to let him guide the horse of life on which I have the priviledge of riding!
Come along for the adventure of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019!

Africa is calling, Acrylic on canvas, 24x36
Day 1 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment