Thursday, July 4, 2019

Independence day sketch


Have Watercolor pencils, will travel!
This sketch is for a painting at a later date.
I worked on this sketch until it got too dark to see.
Watercolor pencils are fun to use, either drawing with them or pulling color from the tips with a wet brush.Sitting in a chair, listening to the conversations around us,  seeing friends and catching up, families winding down their day with tired children running freely around the crowd for the 4th of July.

Things are happening in the studio as well, I started a major canvas day by setting up my compressor and staple gun. Trouble was, I could not find my canvas pliers. They were not in their regular place, in the drawer with my supply of staples. I am not real certain where they are, possibly at our oldest daughters house. I may have taken them there when we were working on her dining room chairs. Any way, she cannot find them, I cannot find them, dead in the water as far as canvas stretching goes!
(we did stretch one by hand, but I cannot do that for the other 17 left to go.)
 I did get the canvas cut and ready for the next step. One large 6 yard roll of canvas just about makes 18 complete shadowbox canvases along with scraps from the studio.

At any rate, I still accomplished getting a new hose for my compressor and eyes to replace the ones lost on our grandson's "turts". Their dog has chewed the original eyes off, after our grandson scratched the paint off the pupil. Our daughter keeps replacing them with glass beads, but turts hits the floor quite frequently. We also shopped at a sale our local Goodwill had, 50% off everything. I managed to find 2 pairs of cargo pants to take to Africa, as well as an animal print coat and black swing top.

 Another day starts tomorrow, I borrowed a pair of canvas pliers and managed to get 2 more canvases  completed before stopping to cook dinner and go to fireworks at the bay.
Another day in our home and country, free to celebrate, free to worship, free to gather in large crowds without fear. I 'm glad we live in the United States!
I pray the rest of the world can have the freedoms we have as well!

Independence day sketch, 11x17, watercolor
Day 3 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

Then, I must paint them all white, in preparation for paintings coming soon. 
Thanks for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment