Monday, July 22, 2019

What an amazing and hectic two weeks!



It really is hard to post when your 
internet is sketchy, 
your phone does not cooperate, 
and you're too tired to work everything all out!
Needless to say the past couple of weeks have been a roller coaster with a rocket attached.
When I began the 100 days for the fall, I was full of enthusiasm and optimism.
Those of you who know me, know that I can pack a lot of activity into a day and pack we did!
The first few days were filled with a recycled class at the Eastern Shore Art Center for kids.
My grandson was also staying with us and going to class with great enthusiasm. 
We had an Artwalk in Fairhope on the first Friday before he arrived.
Our Daughter in law had a birthday party in Mobile that week.
We also went to a movie with the grandchild, family, and church.
Then we spent long periods of time in the pool with our grandson playing long and hard.

The weekend was spent getting ready for the following week's classes at the 
Mobile Museum of Art all day. I left the house at 6:30am and got home at 6:00pm every day.
Thoroughly enjoyable, but exhausting between an average of 19 children for 8 hours, and 2 hours of driving each day! I have a profound respect for teachers that do this day in and day out, molding the active minds of active crazy children on the threshold of raging hormones!

Anyway, we created a lot of art.
I also managed to get a brad nail that shot partially into my finger while 
putting together wood sculptures on the first day!
We had long hard hours spent on our impressionism project of the Flamingo at the top.
(I LOVE THIS PROJECT!)
Crayons, wood, cardboard, paint!
Several other projects managed to find their way into my portfolio as well, 
all while demonstrating to the kids!

In the midst of this, I was cutting, packing, and repacking for my mission to Africa!
There are three bags now, all stuffed to almost capacity with art supplies and surprises for the people there.
I want to bring more, but there is always next year!
MY clothes have for the most part, fit into a rolling backpack weighing less than 15 pounds. 
( per Qatar Airways requirements)
The internet, and electricity have been iffy over in Chidobe, 
so posting anything from Africa may be wishful at best!
Rest assured, I will be creating, and trying to post to blog and Facebook.
Let the adventures in Africa begin at 4 am Tuesday morning!







More of the kids creations on Facebook!

Much love to all, 
100 days~100 paintings Fall 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment