Monday, August 12, 2019

Playtime!


Just too fun to paint!
This seemed like a great way to begin to get back into the groove of painting 
after coming home from my Africa mission. 
While eating dinner with the grandchild last night, 
I asked him what he wanted painted for his birthday piece.
He giggled and said a dolphin and a turtle. Puzzled I said, you want them together?
Yes YaYa!
Thus this playful piece was born.
It seems like just yesterday we were rushing to the hospital,and your first painting was done as you were being born. His collection now is at a total of 7.
When he moves into his own home, he will have a collection of pieces, 
each painted on the day of his birth.

I am finding my place in the studio again, creating. It seems there are so many things to do that get in the way of the studio lately. I have a LOT of painting to do to catch up from my mission to Africa.
I also spent time entering several shows taking place the first of the year in Florida.
We really enjoyed our time down there last year, and I hope to go again!

The fall shows are in place now, all accepted and paid for!
September 28th & 29th Jubilee~Daphne. Al
October 10th-13th National Shrimp Festival, Gulf Shores, Al (my 13th year!)
October 26th&27th Mattie Kelly Festival of the Arts, Destin, Florida
November 2nd & 3rd Peter Anderson, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
There are a couple of  "fill in shows" as well.

Meanwhile, 
I PAINT!

Playtime, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24inches
Private collection, Day ? of the 100 days~100 paintings Fall 2019

1 comment: