Friday, August 30, 2019

The young upstart



The young upstart is another of the poured background pieces.
In case you can't tell, I am in love with this method!
The backgrounds are adding another dimension to the pieces that is so fun to watch happen.
My husband watched me do the pouring the other day on these brown, grey, 
and gold pieces and even he was fascinated!
It's so hard to imagine covering the backgrounds of so many canvases in so little time.
Much like the bubbles in watercolor, there is very little control in how the pieces will turn out, 
but it is still a fun process.

Today found us driving across the bay to pick up pieces from a show at Southern Art and framing.
I love the girls that run the gallery, and they are always easy going.
I was very surprised though when we walked in to see a few pieces have actually sold!
There were empty hooks from at least 4 of my elongated canvases from the spring.
There is also a possibility of a shadowbox sale as well.
All is good in my Art world!

We also visited my Aunts at the nursing home.
 They were delighted with the visit and I was equally delighted to see them. 
Both of them are very dear to me and we don't visit often enough! 
I must make more of an effort to go over there. I brought them a copy of the Sandpiper post and they loved it as well. I also gave them each a print of the Jesus vision painting that my Aunt Margaret had after her accident two years ago. I was very nervous about painting it, but she was absolutely delighted with my results. I will not, and have never have claimed to be a portrait painter, but the piece turned out lovely enough for her. They both loved the prints I brought them in the nursing home.
We talked a lot about my Africa mission too!
Aunt Margaret is progressing beautifully after her stroke a little over a week ago, talking is hard, but she is determined!

The trip to Mobile was an adventure to say the least.
There was a  major accident on I-10 on the bayway. When I saw the car, I prayed for whomever had been in it. The car appeared as though there may not have been a survivor and sure enough I found out later that the woman was thrown from the vehicle and drowned in the bay. I am praying for her family and the trucker that hit her by accident as her car was disabled on the side of the road. 
I know I would be devastated if I caused someone to die, even by accident.
Because of this accident, all traffic was bypassed onto the causeway, causing major traffic jams.
Even though we spent several hours in Mobile, we went North and over the "Dolly Parton" bridge to get to 225 to go home. 

The sea turtle is today's painting!
The picture below is just a small part of the turtle team at the excavation of the green turtle nest last week.
I am in a blue hat and Chris is behind me to the right. (My left)
We are a happy bunch, but sad turtle nesting season is over tomorrow!



The young upstart, Acrylic on canvas, 4x12 inches
Day 60 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019





No comments:

Post a Comment