Monday, September 2, 2019

Geez! The weekend got away from me!




We had friends come down this weekend with their baby girl!
Paintings done for the past three days, just not posted!
We went to the zoo, the beach, the splash pad at the park, and Mr Gene's Beans.
All in all a fun weekend helping the young ones relax some. 
The tiny house was a hit again too!

Here ya go!
The poured backgrounds continue with this one.
I loved punching up the highlights so the seahorse would show up against the background.
My best friends daughter also came into the studio, fascinated with the poured paint!
So we dove in and created for her to take her beach pieces home. 
Lots of paint, so I have several canvases to paint on as well.
I pray you're not tired of the backgrounds, I promise there will be some with some beautiful blues soon!
I must also get on the shadowboxes as they are the best sellers.
19 of them await my brushes sooner rather than later!

My wonderful husband also spotted me some money up front to be able to purchase canvases on sale for Labor Day. The pricing was really good, the selection not so much!
It's a good thing that I still have a very good supply on hand of the larger ones...
You see, my husband calls me a hoarder of canvas.
He says I have too many on hand, but when they're on sale for 70% off and I have money....
He knew today I am tapped out of funds, before my next show at the end of this month in Daphne, Al.
If I am a hoarder, he's an enabler!
I love him so much, I think I'll keep him!


I had a great time with the ghost crabs as well.
Or are they sand crabs?
I don't know, I just know I don't like them running across my feet at 5:30 am  while looking for turtles!
I am scared I am going to step on and crush one of the little guys one day.
They run faster than the sandpipers!
Fun to watch, and even more to paint!


Anyway, the day is winding down, I am still praying for the people affected by hurricane Dorian.
The Bahamas have been hammered for over a day now!
Fortunately the USA seems to be going to be spared a direct hit on the East coast.
At least not as a Category 5.
I can only imagine the Bahamas right now.
The things I think about in my studio, praying for others with each brush stroke.

Seahorse, Ghost I, Ghost II, Acrylic on canvas, 4x4 inches
Days 61, 62, & 63 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment