Thursday, September 5, 2019

Three days.......


Ghost crab III Day 64

Unbelievably , the past three days are a blur!
I received a phone call from our oldest begging for help on a birthday project for a friend next weekend.
I went and helped on Tuesday and Chris joined me at the house.
Chris puttered in the yard, getting small projects done with our grandsons zipline and rock wall.
I did what I could with our daughter Jessica, sewing primarily.
After the day, Chris and I went home in the evening.
I sewed several yard of ruffle for the mermaids at the birthday party for Saturday.

I went back the next day,(no Chris in tow) Wednesday with more sewing on the docket.
I realized that Jessica did not know about duct tape not sticking to cardboard and it really threw a monkey wrench into our plans, because the other products would not stick as well.
We stepped back and figured out a solution.
Things are getting done, just not as quickly as we both would like.
The mom and child are delighted with the projects so far,
A giant clam shell.
4 mermaids.
A coral reef.
Backgrounds provided by my grids that will be sold afterward.
(more on this later)
Anyways, a busy two days with two ghost crabs thrown into the mix!


Ghost crab IV Day 65
Neel's kitty Day 66

Today's painting!
This cat is our grandson Neel's favorite when Christina reads him the book in India.
He invariably tries to kiss the cat!
When I asked Christina what she wanted for Neel's birthday painting, she said the cat.
And so, here he is....
All 6x6 inches of him.
I hope he likes it!
Today is Neel's first birthday. 
It's hard to believe that one year ago Chris and I were both in India, 
celebrating the birth of our 2nd grand!

Today's September 5th was totally different!
I found out about some free stretcher bar frames at our Foley Habitat for humanity restore.
Chris came back from walking the dogs, and I asked if he wanted to go on an adventure!
We deposited money at the bank, then headed to the store in Foley.
We got there before they opened, but the frames were in a huge pile out in the back.


We had brought the truck, and started digging.
One of the women that works at the store said take what you want, just restack what you don't.
We said sure, no problem.
Lots of shallow frames, but we can stack them with glue and nails and they will be a nice deep edge.
There were a few deep edge ones, particularly three very large ones!
We quietly dug through the wood, stepping carefully around the palettes of  frames.
Before we left, there was another artist that showed up and started his own pile.
Another artist talked with us while in the store inquiring where the stretchers were.
Our truck was full!


We then headed to the fastener store to get something for Chris.
We also went to Hobby Lobby to pick up a roll of canvas to start stretching.
We ended up getting lunch at Calverts too!
A very fun morning.

We got home, emptied the truck and Chris headed inside for a nap.
I decided pool time was in order, so I cleaned the pool and then chilled a bit.
When Chris came out, I came inside and got a shower before heading to the studio.
Chris modified the bars on the biggest stretcher bars slightly, 
giving them an edge that will allow some spring when I paint.
We stretched the canvas together, making new folds at the corners.
The canvas took 1/3 of my canvas roll I had just bought!
There is a piece 21 inches by 6 feet that was cut off and will be used later.
That's a LOT of canvas. 
It will be gorgeous though, I have plans for life size sea turtles!
BTW, it measures 3 ft 7 inches by 5 ft 7 inches.
Not the biggest I've ever done, but pretty large, especially in my studio!
I have a good sized studio, but the ceilings are angled inward, making large pieces difficult at times.
I then painted the kitty this evening after dinner.
WHAT a wonderful day!

Three days, Acrylic on canvas, Ghost crab III, Ghost crab IV, Neel's kitty
Days 64, 65,  and 66 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment