Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Mythical Mermaid I


I hope you are not tired of mermaids!
I started a series of 5 mermaids on the poured backgrounds.
These are small originals created just for fun.
They are just lovely on their watery sea like canvases.
I look forward to the rest of them.

Today was a busy day for both of us!
Chris started his day by going to men's coffee while I did my bible readings for the day.
When he came home, we were supposed to go look for a campground 
to stay at during the shrimp festival in October.
What he didn't know was I had been on the computer and phone, searching for a campsite.
By the time he arrived, I had information about a place we stayed at 
years ago that we are going to give a try again.
This campground had seen better days the last time we came by, but the reviews seem positive.
Here's hoping we end up a winner, and not a dud!
Any way, as excited as I was about the campsite, he was more excited about something we had seen behind our local grocery store. 
The store has been renovating for weeks now, and some of their store displays were out back.
Chris had checked and they had signs on them "free".
He called just to be sure, and off we went.
These displays were made in the USA, and were built to withstand heavy produce.
They were used of course, but we could see value in them.
At first, Chris just wanted one for the shop.
We decided to take a chance and bring them all home.
It took both of us to dismantle them, and three truckloads to bring them home.
There were a total of 5 of them, 2 square 40 x 40 inches and 
3 larger ones with a drawer each measuring 30 x 48.
When we got them all home, we started calling friends.
3 of them have already found homes in other men's shops!
One will become a table, two others will be roll around tables.
The other two, Chris has already cut down one and added a lower shelf.
He then put the tabletop from a project for our Pastor on top. 
Now we have a very nice work surface that rolls into places we need it.
I will be using it tomorrow myself to put my belt sander on.
I will be sanding the slats pulled from two of the tables for our combined 
scarecrow/snowmen project in my Scripts & Strokes class.
We have one left, they are so nice I'm sure I won't have to do much convincing 
to get it in our shop space together!

We also went to out local Hobby lobby and purchased new brushes for Scripts & Strokes.
Yea new brushes! We had lunch, and I went to the dentist for the first time in two years.
We've really got to get dental insurance.  
But, no cavities ma!
Such is life here in Fairhope, getting ready for another show season, painting, projects,
and anything else life throws at us!

Mythical Mermaid I, Acrylic on poured background, 4x12 inches
Day 85 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019 

No comments:

Post a Comment